Full of a decent breakfast, and minus two walkers, RS, LN and DP set out to do a shorter stint from Helford back to Falmouth. We might have been slightly fuzzy from the previous night’s shenanigans – enjoying the variety of pubs, local ales and a change of scenery from what we’re bored of in Exeter. Something went wrong with my phone/SD card so I lost all of my own photos from this day. Thanks for DP for sending hers!
- Start: Helford Passage, Cornwall
- Finish: Falmouth, Cornwall
- Mileage: 10 m
- Guide book timing: 4.5
- Actual timing: 3.5 hrs (finishing at Gyllynvase Beach)
- Grading: moderate
- Weather: 9 deg, cloud, drizzle and sun.
- Walkers: me, & RS, LN, DP.
- Miles to date: 334 m
Four of us headed out of Helford, up the hill towards Polwidden cove and onto Durgan.
Woodland and fallen trees…
From Rosemillion Head, we made our way towards the picturesque Maenporth beach, making use of the cafe for a late elevenses/early lunch
And from there it was only a mile or so to Swanpool and then Gyllynvase Beach in Falmouth. An unprecedented early finish, in the sunshine, but we made our way to…
Thank yous and mentions
- Thank you to CW for dropping us off in the morning before heading home.
- DP’s photos – something (that I don’t understand) went wrong with my phone so I was unable to take or save any photos…
- RS for tech support!
- We stopped at Maenporth Beach Cafe for some cheap food, sitting on their terrace in the December sunshine.
- Our end of walk beers were at The New Inn at Mabe Burnthouse on our way home.
- Thank you to Bosanneth Guest House again, for allowing me to leave my car for the day, enabling us to do our walk.